NEW DATE: 15th September 2021 – #livingSTEM event in Barcelona
The #livingSTEM project uses the practical experience of Permaculture to involve young people between 10 and 14 years old in scientific subjects, to promote STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) learning. At the same time, it creates awareness with educators and young people about environmental problems, and provides them with some key elements for an environmentally friendly lifestyle. The #livingSTEM project offers more than 50 recreational-educational activities around six themes.
On September 15th, these resources and experiences from different educational environments will be presented, where some of the activities have been implemented.
To attend you must register here. (The event will be in Catalan/Spanish)
(Capacity and space controlled for current health measures.)
17:00 arrival at the #plantauno space (Avenida de la Fabregada, 22, 1st floor, 08907 Hospitalet de Llobregat)
17:15 Welcome and presentation of the LivingSTEM project (Jordi Fabregas, Trànsit Projectes)
– Global: General objective of the project, EU partners, local ES collaborations,
17:30 presentation of LivingSTEM educational material (gigi guizzo, CEPS Social Projects)
– 6 Areas of educational resources of Permaculture and STEAM
17:45 presentation livingSTEM Experiences of 6 environments and 4 educational areas, and with different activities and ages of participants
- Òscar Martínez, facilitator at Centro Cívico Convent Sant Agustí / Espacio Maker, STEAM education and the activity of creating a vertical garden
- Marta Camps, biologist and promoter Centro Cívico Vil.la Urania – STEAM education to non-formal educational spaces, and the activities: Different terrariums and observation of biodiversity
- Shared Schooling Units: UEC Cunit & UEC in Vendrell present their activities with the insect hotel and the eco-sustainable city
- Rubén Soto and Ester Fernández, CRAE El Polzet – activities in the garden, with the birdhouse and the insect hotel
- Rambleta del Clot (Primary school in BCN), observation of biodiversity
This event is organized in Barcelona by Trànsit Projectes, in collaboration with CEPS Projectes Socials and #plantauno.
The #livingSTEM project is co-financed by the ERASMUS + program of the European Union, and will be implemented from November 2019 to October 2021. THIS website and the content of the project reflect the opinions of the authors, and the European Commission is not responsible of any use that may be made of the information contained therein. (Project code: 2019-1-BE01-KA201-050529).