Title of the activity: New missions for Digital Public Spaces Wallonia.
The Digital Public Spaces Wallonia (DPS) were created in 2005 to reduce the digital divide. At that time 58% of citizens in the age group of 15-75 years old were connected. In 2011, the rate was 77%. Today, nearly 90% of the population has Internet access. So, the mission of the 143 Public Spaces and Digital Media workers must be redefined. In 2005, DPS missions were clear: reduce the digital divide and train users in the use of computers and the Internet. Today we are talking about digital inclusion, equality and uses of training modules.
The purpose of CESEP’s BeLearning activity is to produce a white paper with new missions for DPS, which will be presented to the government, the audience and the wider community of media facilitators. Thus to be clearly identified and recognized by the stakeholders in a very changing landscape with multiple digital spaces: co-working spaces, fablabs, wikicafé… Then, to be able to interact with all the animators working in different professional venues (museums, libraries, social action centers…) on the whole territory of Wallonia.
BeLearning method was chosen for its flexible approach and because it provides articulation between technical collaborative work online and face-sharing experience.
Open sharing phase
- Two roundtables of 4 hours (November 14th 2013) and 6 hours (November 29th 2013): brainstorming about the history and issues of Digital Public Spaces on the eve of elections and having regard to the conclusions of the national report on the reduction of the digital divide.
- Introducing online the main runways and conclusions of:
- 1 DPS, actors and holders of digital inclusion projects across territory (http://www.epn-ressources.be/les-epn-acteurs-dinclusion-et-porteurs-de-projets-des-territoires-numeriques).
- DPS, digital counters for all citizens public spaces (http://www.epn-ressources.be/les-epn-des-guichets-numeriques-pour-des-espaces-citoyens-tout-public).
- Setting online on the Intranet a collaborative session to collect the maximum feedback on a list of prearranged issues and tracks. From January 2nd to 31st 2014.
The main workshop consists of two sessions (January 31st and February 28th 2014) , with an inter-workshop time of a month for online work. Synthesising and developing a white paper adapted to different target audiences: leaders of DPS, public authorities and general audience.
- Presentation of the project concept.
- Exchange between participants and active listening.
- Getting reference materials and online discussion lists.
- Development and validation of the structure and content of the white paper.
Presentation and validation of the guide to the coordinators of the DPS network, users, presentation of the white paper from different audiences and evaluating actions. Date to be scheduled.
- Producing a white paper and posting it on the intranet for validation.
- Publication of guidelines on the extranet network EPN.
- Organizing a worshop post.
Who are the participants?
Number of people targeted: 30 participants.
- Multimedia animators from the 143 Public Spaces in Wallonia.
- The concerning public authorities.
- DPS users.